Wednesday 11 January 2012

The Dream Catcher

 

~ "Dream Catcher" Acrylic on Canvas 12" x 12" ~     

I painted The Dream Catcher for my friend who had recorded his own CD....the lyrics to his songs were vivid with symbolism, and within them I found these images unfold. My friend Scott studied the painting and seems to have brought my dream and vision to expression this way:

"The All-Seeing-Eye ("Novus Ordo Seclorum", the "New Order of Ages") watches on as the Angel falling to Earth offers the gift of a feather to Raven (the Trickster); meanwhile, Dragon (representing good fortune, prosperity, and bounty in the East; fire and destruction in the West) rises from the sea and the Dove of Peace flees Earth toward a crescent moon. East collides with West (the split personality of Dragon) and we must find a way to trick the Trickster (Raven) and coax the Dove back down to Earth to be united with the olive branch held by the Angel in order to achieve unity and lasting peace. This is the dream and it is why the Dream Catcher hangs from the stars to the right of the drama unfolding."

I love this little painting very much and I'm so grateful it now belongs to the friend who inspired its creation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment